Friday, October 25, 2013

All pups have families!

Good morning to all. I will write a short update as I am really swamped, but did not want to neglect the blog. The Pups are growing like weeds. They are doing so well. They are smart, alert, sweet, playful, and soooo healthy. What a difference when pups are raised at home underfoot and nursing from their mom for a long stretch. Many years ago when I would purchase a dog, the person would give me their medical records and there were several sicknesses listed and medicines already given to little babies!  I can't even imagine giving that poison to our pups, and they have never gotten a virus or cold. They are so robust; we are very proud of our litter. Last night I made them homemade gruel and they love it so much more that the canned chicken.  I included beef liver, apple pulp, kale, flax meal, coconut oil, two raw eggs (from our chickens of course) with shell, and some goat's kefir. Processed it well and voilĂ !  After eating, they enjoy raw Goat's Milk that we get from a wonderful local farmer.

The pups are nursing only like 4 times a day now, which is a much needed rest for mama Bella. She is glad to nurse them those few times and the gradual decrease has made it a comfortable transition for her without any engorgement or mastitis. She has been a star mom to such a big litter. I am going to post a pic of her in her honor. 


I want to announce that Diamond has found her forever home with the lovely Cecilia who comes from Kenosha. Diamond and her are a perfect fit, both beautiful and elegant.  We couldn't be happier.  Congratulations Diamond!

No comments:

Post a Comment