Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Open Source Software Review


The next sofware to review is;

Open Office. It took a very long time to download, but there were no problems with instalation. I really liked the user interface and found it very functional. It
offers many of the features of Office and I was able to open all of the documents I have in my computer. All of the pages rendered very well and I was able to create files with the Writer word processor, the Impress (Power Point look alike), and the draw app. All worked without a glitch, offered many tools, and I found it intuitive and well created. It was very comparable to Ms. Office. I created a file and sent it to my iPad and was happily surprised to be able to open it without any problems. This I find very advantageous and I could not find any reason why someone would not opt for Open Office, rather than spend 100 plus dollars, on Ms Office, if not for a specific reason. I found the entire experience functional and with little to no issues. I recomend this product to anyone on a budget or just anyone who is frugal and wise.

Paola :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment